“Having sex with an ex” – is what usually people say if they’re asked to name the stupidest thing they’ve done in their life. At the same time, for some people, it means absolutely nothing. So they consider sex with their ex as simple relationships as friends with benefits or just sex with no responsibilities.
However, if you are considering whether to have sex with your ex or not, firstly ask yourself a few questions to know how it’s gonna influence you.
The first and the most important question to ask is what do you hope to gain from this?
Do you want just physical connection or something more? Does your ex feel the same about it? If at least one you wants something more from this, maybe it’s better to talk about it ahead? If one of you wants to get back together, having sex would only make your relationship more complicated.
Also, ask yourself: has enough time passed?
If you have just broken up, it may return your feelings back (no matter if they’re positive or negative) and make your relationship awkward and complicated. So, if not enough time has passed, maybe it’s not a very good idea to hook up with your ex.
And finally, think if your shame and hesitation of this idea are coming from social judgment?
For most of the times, people don’t even consider sex with their ex not because they think it’s a bad idea, but because of the other people’s criticism.
Answering these questions honestly will really help you to decide if you are ready for this and how harmful this kind of relationships are going to be for you. Though, if you are still not sure, here are some pros and cons of having sex with your ex.
- You know each other’s body. You know what your partner likes and they know what is good for you. Feeling each other better than anyone else is very satisfying for both of you.
- The forbiddenness of what you are doing is very exciting. It feels like you are having sex with someone you know very well, though you don’t have any relationship.
- It all may lead to a good friends-with-benefits relationship as you are not a couple anymore but you are much closer to each other than simply exes.
- It may remind you how good your sex was, so you might start thinking that your break up was a mistake.
- This bond may reopen your vulnerability towards them and after the sex, you may even feel like you are going through another break up .
- You will close yourself from moving on. How can you find a new relationship if you are still have something going on with your ex?
Read also: How To Forget Your Ex
There are a few things to take into the consideration if you decide to have sex with your ex again. Though, if you are sure that it won’t make you feel bad, just go for it!
Latest posts by Eleanor Dyer (see all)
- How to Feel More Confident on the First Date? 4 Simple Steps to Achieve Your Goal - July 23, 2020
- “Why Am I Still Single?” – Reasons Why You Are Not Successful In Relationships - March 15, 2020
- Is It Love Or Just Sex? 5 Ways To Find Out - February 8, 2020