“Have you ever heard of this psychological experiment when it's enough to ask a stranger only”
Have you ever heard of this psychological experiment when it's enough to ask a stranger only 36 questions to fall in love with them? The study made by the psychologist Arthur Aron shows that asking personal questions may accelerate the intimacy between two people and make them feel like they know each other for a long time already.
The idea is that when you open up to another person and become vulnerable it encourages your closeness to each other. However, it's not that as easy as it may sound. Being vulnerable with another person is extremely difficult. Especially if you don't know each other well.
Read also: 10 Important Questions to Ask on a First Date
So, do you think it's possible to fall in love with a stranger by asking 36 questions? Or you think it won't reflect on your relationship at all? Challange yourself with this psychological test and write your results in comments below.
Set I (sit in front of each other and try to keep eye contact while talking to each other)
1. Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest?
2. Would you like to be famous? In what way?
3. Before making a telephone call, do you ever rehearse what you are going to say? Why?
4. What would constitute a “perfect” day for you?
5. When did you last sing to yourself? To someone else?
6. If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year-old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you want?
7. Do you have a secret hunch about how you will die?
8. Name three things you and your partner appear to have in common.
9. For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
10. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
11. Take four minutes and tell your partner your life story in as much detail as possible.
12. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be?
Set II (take a small break and discuss how do you feel so far)
13. If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know?
14. Is there something that you’ve dreamed of doing for a long time? Why haven’t you done it?
15. What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?
16. What do you value most in a friendship?
17. What is your most treasured memory?
18. What is your most terrible memory?
19. If you knew that in one year you would die suddenly, would you change anything about the way you are now living? Why?
20. What does friendship mean to you?
21. What roles do love and affection play in your life?
22. Alternate sharing something you consider a positive characteristic of your partner. Share a total of five items.
23. How close and warm is your family? Do you feel your childhood was happier than most other people’s?
24. How do you feel about your relationship with your mother?
Set III (take a small break and listen to your feelings; what do you think about your partner now? - you don't need to say it out loud, just analyse your own emotions)
25. Make three true “we” statements each. For instance, “We are both in this room feeling ... “
26. Complete this sentence: “I wish I had someone with whom I could share ... “
27. If you were going to become a close friend with your partner, please share what would be important for him or her to know.
28. Tell your partner what you like about them; be very honest this time, saying things that you might not say to someone you’ve just met.
29. Share with your partner an embarrassing moment in your life.
30. When did you last cry in front of another person? By yourself?
31. Tell your partner something that you like about them already.
32. What, if anything, is too serious to be joked about?
33. If you were to die this evening with no opportunity to communicate with anyone, what would you most regret not having told someone? Why haven’t you told them yet?
34. Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be? Why?
35. Of all the people in your family, whose death would you find most disturbing? Why?
36. Share a personal problem and ask your partner’s advice on how he or she might handle it. Also, ask your partner to reflect back to you how you seem to be feeling about the problem you have chosen.
Final task - stare at each other for 4 minutes. You don't have to talk anymore, just look at your partner's eyes and think about how your feelings have changed.
Read also: 10 Signs He Loves You
Even if you won't fall in love, be sure that this time you've spent together will change your relationship completely and you won't be just strangers anymore.
To make the results even more clear and correct, it's better to talk to the person you like but don't know well. For example, you can find someone on Meetville app. Install Meetville app on Android and iOS right now and go on a date with local singles!