Writing a love letter is a romantic gesture that has become a lost art in the age of email, texting, and other forms of instant communication. A few things will leave your partner feeling better than receiving a sincere, honest, and handwritten love letter. Here are six ways to write a memorable love letter.
Tell them why you’re writing
Start off by telling them what inspired you to write this letter. You can set the tone and prepare them for the emotions you are about to share with them. There is no need to go into a lot of detail. You could write it in a few sentences, or even a few paragraphs. You could kick off your letter by explaining how you’ve been meaning to say these things for a while, but had to take some time to find the words. Or explain how you have a hard time talking about your feelings, so you’re writing them down, or whatever your reason is.
How they improve your life
“Spend some time thinking and brainstorming about how your partner enhances your life. Think about the ways they have made your life better physically, spiritually, sexually, mentally, and emotionally. It might help to think back to what your day to day life was like before you met, and then compare it to the present,” recommends Mary McNeal, writer at UKWritings. Maybe your partner has encouraged you and helped make you into a more physically active and healthy person. Or perhaps they’ve given you the emotional support that’s enabled you to follow a new career path or passion. You can probably think of dozens of ways they have improved your life, but try and focus on a handful of your favorites and expand on them.
Surely, you have formed many memories with your partner, so include some of your favorites in your letter. These memories don’t have to be a monumental occasion, they could be of a funny moment you shared together or an inside joke. You could talk about how you met, your first date, or a trip the two of you took together and bonded over. You could even just pick one memory and really go into detail about what makes it so special to you.
What you love about them
Now you have a chance to tell them about all their great qualities as a person. You can talk about how much you respect their determination and drive, or describe things about their appearance you find attractive. Don’t assume they know everything you love about them, let them know. Maybe you are amazed by the way they go about tracking down a goal or are simply delighted by the sound of their laugh.
Use online tools to improve your writing
Writing doesn’t come easily to everyone, so don’t be afraid to get some help from the professionals. Here are some good resources to get you started:
- State of Writing – Check out this writing guide for ideas and advice on how to improve your letter. Even experienced writers can benefit from extra writing help. Especially when it comes to something as unique as a love letter.
- OXEssays and EliteAssignmentHelp – These are editing tools that you can use to ensure your letter flows well and does not contain mistakes.
- SimpleGrad – This is a grammar resource you can use to check over your love letter for grammatical errors. Don’t take any chances, get some help from the experts.
- Essayroo – This is an online proofreading tool you can access to make sure your letter is polished and free of errors.
- My Writing Way and Studydemic – Check out these writing communities for ideas and advice on how to write your letter. You will find people here who have successfully written love letters and can help you do the same.
As you finish up your letter, call back to the beginning, but also talk about the future. Reiterate how much they mean to you and hint at what your hopes for the future together are. Don’t forget to add a bit of romance as you end your letter. Sign off with “Yours forever,” or something of that nature. Put your love letter in a nice envelope, write their name on it, and leave it somewhere your partner will find it.
Read also: How to Flirt With Emojis: Online Dating Tips
Take some time to brainstorm and write your letter. Even if it’s not perfect, it will be a sincere form of your feelings about them. The more authentic your words are, the more meaningful they will be to your partner. Follow these six steps to write a love letter they will never forget.
Latest posts by Grace Cox (see all)
- 20 Best Romantic Christmas Movies - December 18, 2020
- Everything You Need to Know About Interracial Dating - May 21, 2020
- 10 Great Long-Distance Date Ideas to Keep the Spark Alive - April 17, 2020