The coronavirus pandemic has already affected many areas of our life: work, leisure, travel, and even dating life. While it is not safe outside, people prefer to remain in quarantine. In this regard, people are now more disposed to communicate online because everyone is sitting at home, watching the news about the coronavirus, and getting bored.
Who would have thought that during the crisis, online dating will be among the priority things like toilet paper, antiseptic, and Netflix subscription? But it turned out that COVID-19 influenced the fact that people began to make new acquaintances and communicate online during self-isolation. And when it might seem that isolation and social distance would put a dent in dating lives, the opposite happened. Many dating apps have already recorded an increase in sign-ups and interactions on their services. And instead of the usual swiping and liking, people are more likely to start conversations with new people.
Before the coronavirus, everyone got used to just texting, but now audio and video calls are gaining more and more popularity. You can stay safe and arrange a date without leaving home. There are many services where it is possible to go on dates online or just call someone if you feel bored and lonely on self-isolation.
If you stay home as well, but you still have a desire to meet new people, chat, flirt, and even go on dates, then we’ll show you how to find singles online using the Meetville dating app.
5 easy steps to find singles online:
1. The first thing you need to do is sign up. Go to our mobile version or install a Meetville app on Android;
2. Fill your profile with fascinating information about you and upload your best photos;
3. Participate in profile ratings, send winks to other users, and find matches;
4. Start chatting with singles to get to know each other better;
5. Finally, arrange virtual dates!
HERE IS A LIST OF GREAT TIPS ON HOW TO ARRANGE A VIRTUAL DATE:
- Act as if you’re on a real face-to-face date. Dress up, do a hairstyle, use perfume. It will get you in the date night mood.
- Make sure the backdrop for your video chat looks pretty, and the room is tidy.
- Be creative and come up with activities that you can do together on video chat.
- Do not forget about the charger and keep it nearby. You never know when a battery can drain.
- If you usually go on dates to a restaurant or cafe, you can order food and drinks online by using delivery services. Or you can also think about cooking up a special meal ‘together’ each in your own kitchen.
- If you are a little worried, then you can prepare some questions or ice-breakers on hand. Read 10 Important Questions to Ask on a First Date to get some ideas.
At the moment, you can use any platform convenient for you — Zoom, Skype, or Google Hangouts. Video and audio dates are gaining popularity in the world of online dating, and many people like this kind of communication as an alternative to face-to-face meetings.
What our users say about the virtual dating experience:
Alexa, a 26-year-old woman quarantining in San-Fransisco, says she’s already been on five virtual dates. Comparing online and offline dates, she notes that they are equal in frequency, but differ in quality. “I like that we communicate more and sincerely want to know each other. We are not distracted but focused only on us at this moment,” she says. However, she stated that she still prefers face-to-face meetups because she misses hanging out at a bar or cafe, as well as a spark from physical touch.
Julie, a 29-year-old woman quarantining in Texas, has been on a few virtual dates in April and already scheduled four more for the upcoming week. “I love it! I think I will continue this experience even after the quarantine ends. It is easier than offline dating and covers a wider circle of people. I put on makeup, pour a glass of wine, and enjoy chatting with different people around the world. Recently I was on a date with an Italian guy, and it was awesome”.
As for now, the majority of dating platforms are focused on promoting health awareness and advice to stay safe at home. Social distancing is hard for everyone, but we are in this together, and we can do this. Take care of your mental and physical health, chat with people online on Meetvile, and stay strong.
WHAT ABOUT SEX LIFE?
It turned out that video chats have brought out the naughty in people. Due to the fact that they are not able to hook up in real life, they began to have sex online. So why do you need adult sites when you have a webcam? But if you are still embarrassed or it seems freaky to do this on camera, you can try sex on the phone.
WHERE CAN I MEET NEW PEOPLE?