If you have just registered on one of dating websites or social networks and don’t know what to start with our tips will help you to find new friends easily.
First of all ask yourself about the purpose of visiting this or that website. If you know your goal you are likely to achieve it. After creating your profile and choosing the appropriate picture it’s high time to start looking for friends or some new interesting people.
If you want to communicate with friends as well as find a dating partner, be careful with you friend requests. While sending the requests to other users always add a friendly message with the reference to your connection:
- In case you have already met this person offline just mention the time and the place where you saw each other.
- If you have a mutual friend, just note that you both know this person. This really helps as we are more likely to start communication with people who know our friends than with “complete strangers”.
- If you are co-workers or group mates or just have the same hobbies and interests, don’t be shy and write about it in your first message. Some people are afraid of making the first step and will be glad when someone decides to break the ice of first communication.
- Don’t be surprised or too disappointed if you don’t get any feedback. Some people are just not interested in meeting new people online.
So, your friend request has been accepted. Congratulations! Now you are in a friend zone and have the possibility to look through the photos and observe updates of your friends’ profiles. But don’t become too active, sometimes really active users just get on our nerves or even frighten us. Thus, here some more tips for you:
- Don’t become a constant commentator of every new photo or a status you see on the page of your new friend. And you definitely shouldn’t be the first person to comment. Writing too many comments may make your friend feel uncomfortable about you. You don’t want to seem too needy or even creepy, do you?
- Make sure your comments are short and relevant. Writing a long story is a bad idea. Just express your opinion in two-three clear sentences.
- Don’t discuss personal issues in your comments; keep them for a chat room or private messages.
- Be tactful and know when to stand back. If the user doesn’t respond to your comments and never leave his/her comments under your photos, if you don’t have any responses to your “hello” in a message – all these things are clear indicators that the person is just not interested in communication with you. That’s OK; just turn your attention to someone else.
- Regularly post photos of the places you visit. Try to create photo albums which reflect your lifestyle, hobbies and interests. If the person you are interested in comments on your pictures, you get a wonderful opportunity to break the ice of the first communication and find the topic for discussion.