Your profile is a way for others to learn more about you and your interests. This is the best way for you to show yourself and provide information you want others to know about you.
But throwing up words randomly to fill up space won’t cut it if you want to have an interesting profile. There are certain things you should include and do in this profile.
- Think of your profile as if you were meeting someone for the first time in person and describe yourself. Some possible topics to include might be your hobbies, likes, interests, political preferences or a family history. Don’t include dislikes or turn-offs.
- Show that you are a unique person. If you’ve got an unusual hobby – mention it, but keep it in perspective. Having an unusual hobby is great, but remember to mention more “popular” things like your favorite music, movies, food. These are the things that you’ll likely do with a date and those that most people will want to share.
- Be informative and catchy. Put something in the headline that will shout to everyone who you really are. Tell something about you and your objectives in a very appealing tone.
- Be descriptive. You don’t have to be a great writer; just include details about you and what you like. Do this in a casual, conversational style as if you were talking to another person.
- Be as specific as you can. Write a profile that describes the things you like to do so a potential date can picture being with you and all the fun you’ll have together.
- Don’t provide false information in your personal profile. You want people to be honest with you; you should give them the same courtesy. Anddon’t forget to update your profile from time to time – just change a few key items and add new photos. Show pictures of you having fun and doing different things.
Now get prepared to meet lots of new people!