Society Thinks Killing Animals for Pleasure Is Justifiable

Society Thinks Killing Animals for Pleasure Is Justifiable

People believe hunting and fishing is not a crime, but just a hobby. This was found  in the course of a survey, conducted by Meetville (dating app to find the right person).

The following question was posed: “What is your attitude towards hunting and fishing?”. The results show that 73% of respondents consider these activities recreational, the remaining 27% believe they’re inhumane.

The survey was held from 5/14/14 to 8/4/14 and polled 51,969 people. From the USA – 67%, from Canada – 3%, from Britain – 9%, Australia – 6% and other countries – 15%.

According to Mark Damian Duda, co-author “The Sportsman’s Voice”, “The fact that support for hunting and fishing remains strong shows that the wildlife profession is doing a good job of getting the message out there that hunting and fishing are important.” Being outdoors with friends and family, doing something you enjoy is something everyone understands.

Men and women are equally represented in their belief that hunting and fishing are inhumane, male – 51%, female – 49%. Yet the opposite is much more dominated by male opinion, male – 67%, female – 33%.

According to Alex Cusper, Meetville service analyst, because men are the ones who usually go hunting or fishing, women are more inclined to take the opposite side and engage in animal-oriented activities.

12

Meetville, a leading mobile dating service, regularly conducts research among its users. Millions of people from the U.S., Canada, Britain and Australia answer hundreds of questions every month. You can find the results of the poll here. If you are interested in research on a particular topic, please contact us. Any reprint of the material should be followed by clickable links to the survey.

Rate this post


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Just a second...

Subscribe to Meetville Blog

Get the information about our best articles and read them first!