You feel like the first date is going well, but you want to take it one step further. You know that you are interested in her, but you just aren’t sure of how to show her that. You want to make a good impression, but you also don’t want to come on too strong. Finding a balance can be hard, and so can trying to secure that second date with a woman that you are truly interested in. There are however a few things to keep in mind during and after the date which can lead to a successful future with the right woman.
It’s not to say that you want to go in obsessed about the future, because truly you don’t. You do not want to be in a place where you are thinking obsessively about the future, for this can scare women off. You want to be a sincere man who is confident and funny, for this is what will win her over. You also want to be comfortable in your own skin, and you want to show her that you are the type of guy who is worth taking the second date with. This should go without saying, but in the end there are many of us who don’t stop to think of these things until it’s too late.
If you feel like the first date is going well and you want to continue the process, then be mindful. Go in proactively thinking of some things you can do to impress her and win her over, and then let this all play out before you. She will pick up on your confidence and effort, and if done in the proper way it will come off as authentic rather than creepy—again balance is everything here!
1. Show her that you are genuinely interested in her: It’s okay to show that you like her. Not to an extreme point, but if you genuinely like her then own up to that. Show her that you are into her, that you like her, and that you want to see where things go. A good way to do this is to just be open and approachable and she will pick up on that vibe and reciprocate. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain here!
2. Be confident but never cocky: Women love a confident man! This shows that you are self-assured and more than likely established too. This also shows that you are the type of guy that she can trust, so long as you don’t come on too strong. Being cocky is an instant turn off so be sure that you don’t ever get to that point with things. If you want to win her over then be confident and be proud of who you are, and she will definitely notice.
3. Show her a good time but nothing crazy or over the top: Make the date enjoyable and fun for both of you. Be open to the possibilities and truly take the time to enjoy yourself and ensure that she does the same. Just putting that amount of thought into things can really help to win her over in a wonderful way. You show that you care enough to make the date fun and it goes a long way in making her want a second date with you.
4. Be a gentleman but never come off as needy: It’s not to say that you’re going to be in full courting mode, but a gentleman is very easy to pull off and goes a long way. In this instance you want to show her that you are a good guy who really wants to impress her. Don’t try too hard or you are needy, but do open the doors for her and show good manners—something this simple can go a long way with her!
5. Call her after, show continued interest, and ask for the second date: Very simply put, if you follow up with her then you are going to win her over! So many men don’t keep this in mind and they lose otherwise wonderful women. Call her after, text her to say you had a good time, and keep the conversation flowing after the first date and it may actually secure you that second date right away.
If you put some thought into the first date, you can almost guarantee the second date. She wants a man who is sincere and confident, but who also follows up with her. If you follow these tips you can get that second date and it may lead to even more happiness ahead.