You want to be happy and yet you know that you’re not. You just haven’t found the right one and you’re so tired of all the wrong ones. You so badly want to enjoy a good dating life, and all it makes you feel is frustration. If you feel as though you are at the end of your rope with dating, then it’s time to look at some of the most common lies we tell ourselves. Though these may seem harmless the truth is that they may actually be keeping you from good things.
If you want to enjoy your dating life and ultimately find what you want, then it’s essential to stop lying to yourself. We only get what we want when we’re honest with ourselves and what we want. If we don’t consider this and we just keep sugar coating everything, then we can’t possibly end in the type of relationship that we want. So if you feel as though your dating life is suffering and you simply don’t know what to do to turn things around, then it’s time to face these lies and quit telling yourself them.
These are the lies that can actually keep you from getting what you want, and therefore must be stopped immediately. This is how you get to happiness, so make these lies a thing of the past.
1. Who needs a man anyhow? When you feel tired of the whole game and of not finding a nice guy, you will tell yourself that you don’t need a man to be happy. Though you may very well be okay with this right now, you may not feel that way in the long term. If you dream of a wedding and a future with the right guy, then stop telling yourself this lie that can actually hold you back.
To make things work and to enjoy a brighter future ahead you need to face the fact that you do want a man. You also have to focus on what makes up the ideal man for you so that you can get him to be yours in the end!
2. Being single is fun, and I’m perfectly happy with my status! Sure, there may be a time in your life where you actually enjoy being single — but is now truly one of them? Are you telling yourself just to cope with the negative feelings that you are hiding? If you find yourself feeling frustrated but trying to throw yourself into an awesome single life that you are trying to create, then it’s time to take a step back. If you really feel happy being single and plan to enjoy it, then that’s one thing.
If however you are telling yourself that simply to cast aside the negativity and emptiness that you feel, then change things around. The only way to get what you really want is to work for it, and so you must be honest and open yourself up to new possibilities. Telling yourself you love being single if you really don’t isn’t helping anyone!
3. There just aren’t any nice guys out there anymore, so I’ll always be alone! There are nice guys out there, but you are having a hard time finding them. You may not be looking in the right places, or you may have just given up because it’s simply too hard. Either way you have to recognize that there are nice guys, but you’re not putting yourself in the situations or environments to meet him.
Change up your game and quit relying on the myth that all the nice guys are taken. This isn’t true and if you buy into it, you are only keeping yourself from finding a genuinely nice guy. If you stop telling yourself these common lies, then you can finally find what you want — and that will break the cycle and help you to achieve the happiness that you know you really deserve deep down!
Latest posts by Alex Glover (see all)
- Lesbian Dating Tips: How to Flirt with the Girl You Like - November 27, 2020
- Adelaide: Unusual Romantic Date Ideas for Everyone - November 20, 2020
- How to Tell if You Are Gay (or Not) - November 13, 2020