If browsing through online dating profile you’ve already found someone you really like and want to continue your communication with this person, here comes the question: When should I give him/her my phone number? Within the framework of online dating this question may sound more than just reasonable.Unfortunately, while communicating on the Internet you can never be sure that the person looking at you from the screen is real. So, before sharing any private info with your virtual newly met partner, take the following steps:
- Use only reliable online dating websites to increase your virtual safety. Nowadays there are a lot of websites with strict anti-scam policy. Using such websites is an essential step which will prevent you from communication with users whose intentions are not so innocent as yours.
- Don’t miss emailing stage. Even without hearing your partner’s voice it’s possible to find out a lot about him/her while texting each other. Try to ask as many questions as you can. If he/she refuses to ask some questions about his/her family, place of living etc., this is a bright indicator of a scammer or married person.
- Use webcam chats. This is a wonderful opportunity to make sure that your partner is not a fake as well as to enjoy live communication. Seeing is believing.
- New phone number. When you make up your mind to exchange your phone numbers, it’s better to by a chip cell phone with a new sim card as you still don’t know this person well. Giving away you real phone number may be unsafe at this stage.
- Set the boundaries. Clearly call your boundaries, tell the time after which you don’t want to get calls from your would be partner (for example after 1 am or when you are at work).
Remember, online dating has a lot of advantages as well as pitfalls. Never lose your head and be cautious, this will obviously help you to avoid dating disappointment and make your virtual matchmaking effective.