Work from our offices in San Francisco. Remote working considered.
The successful candidate will have a blend of statistical, technical and business skills. They will need to look for opportunities and tell the business things they don’t know and make recommendations on how to react to the insight. Expect to be involved in statistical analysis, data manipulation and mining, ROI modelling, predictive analysis, web analytics, UX optimisation, CRM, media, attribution analysis, graph analysis, text mining – anywhere there is data that can be used to improve our business. The data will often come from a variety of sources and so the successful candidate must be flexible and able to manage ambiguity.
Data and Information must not only be useful, it should also be beautiful and presented in an exciting and stimulating way, so visualisation and presentation skills are essential.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide statistical and analytical support on all aspects of the web site.
- Provide consultancy on analytical solutions and best practise.
- Help define and deliver the strategic analysis proposition.
- Create reusable models and tools that can be applied cross business and sector.
- Add measurable value to the business through actionable analytical insights.
- Champion the benefits of statistical analysis.
- Help the business deliver existing analysis/ reporting requirements.
- Perform analysis, visualise and present the results
- Work with the technical teams to integrate disparate data sets for analysis
- To stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends developments and best-practices.
- Be an ambassador for statistical analysis within the company and encourage its wider engagement with the company’s other services and disciplines.
KEY SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
- Educated to degree level, ideally in a numerate subject. Degree must have included statistics and computing.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience providing analysis in a business environment.
- Web Analysis Tools such as Google Analytics, Omniture or similar.
- Strong database experience, ideally with exposure to column or graph databases
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in both business and technical areas.
- Statistics – A formal education in statistics and practical experience in a business environment would be an advantage as well as an experience with predictive modelling and ideally practical experience in areas like attribution and ROI modelling.
- SQL – Advanced SQL skills are essential.
- Excel – Advanced Excel skills essential
- R, SPSS, SAS, Matlab
- Python (statistical modules)
- Relational Databases – A strong understanding of relational DBs is essential with practical experience of querying one or more of the major RDBMSs (Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres, MySQL etc.)
- NoSQL – An understanding of the principles and uses of NoSQL technology with some practical experience (Hadoop, Mongo, Neo4j, Cassandra, Couch etc.)
- Use of a number of data mining packages.
- You speak English (other languages a real plus)
- You have passion and drive and are self-motivated
- You want to be the best
- You’re socially adept and enjoy being part of a team
- You have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision
- You’re very precise and detail oriented
- You have a keen interest in design and the finer things in life
- You’re driven and passionate about your work
- Email Resume to support [at] meetville.com
- Meetville Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a progressive, team-oriented work environment, exciting career opportunities and excellent benefits. The responsibilities listed above are not intended to be comprehensive. Other duties may be required as needed.