Work from our offices in San Francisco. Remote working considered.
The PR Manager will be responsible for developing the PR strategy for the US market. This is a fantastic opportunity to initiate and drive creative and out-of-the-box programmers. PR will work closely with the marketing team to help step-change the company’s acquisition efforts through innovative social media and traditional PR programmes.
It will suit someone hands-on who thrives in an ambiguous start-up environment playing multiple roles. The candidate must be articulate, adaptable and both genuinely excited for and enthusiastic about people who are madly in love.
- Develop and deliver a solid, focused and results driven PR strategy
- Initiate exciting and innovative PR and buzz marketing efforts to help promote the brand that are closely integrated with overall marketing efforts and can help step-change acquisition efforts
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with appropriate media contacts through regular meetings and general relationship-building
- Secure relevant and steady media coverage amongst key verticals.
- Write and edit statements, press releases, contributed stories, presentations and other PR materials
- Manage an editorial calendar and collaborate with our Content & Social team to develop content
- Develop and implement a brand research, tracking programme that will monitor the brand and build an understanding of brand perception
- Develop a deep knowledge of the current & target audiences, providing customer and market insights into the organization, and ensuring consumer messaging is segmented and always up to date
- Deliver competent measurement reports on the business impact of PR initiatives
- Management of one direct report
- BA or equivalent experience
- 7+ years consumer PR experience either in-house or with an agency
- Ability to drive and maintain PR strategy
- Experience dealing with external agencies to maximise performance
- First class written and oral communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player who can work effectively in a small, scrappy start-up environment and with remote international teams.
- Empathetic, personable and affable demeanor
- You speak English (other languages a real plus)
- You have passion and drive and are self-motivated
- You want to be the best
- You’re socially adept and enjoy being part of a team
- You have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision
- You’re very precise and detail oriented
- You have a keen interest in design and the finer things in life
- You’re driven and passionate about your work
- Email Resume to support [at] meetville.com
- Meetville Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a progressive, team-oriented work environment, exciting career opportunities and excellent benefits. The responsibilities listed above are not intended to be comprehensive. Other duties may be required as needed.