Work from our offices in San Francisco. Remote working considered.
The purpose of this role is to provide direct sales services to customers through chat and/or phone, with the primary but not sole purpose of assisting customers to convert from basic to full subscribers and meet set and agreed conversion goals.
- Listening to the members requirements and presenting appropriately to make a sale.
- Building a rapport with the members.
- Negotiating the price of subscriptions.
- Overcoming any objections with a view to getting the member to upgrade.
- Making accurate, rapid cost calculations and providing customers with quotations.
- Reviewing your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets.
- Attending team meetings and sharing best practices with colleagues.
- Ensure all relevant reporting is completed at the end of every day.
- Detecting and preventing fraudulent activity.
- Contribute to the improvement of services.
- Be available to cover any work within the Customer Care department, some of which may include shift work.
KEY SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
- GCSE qualifications or equivalent.
- Previous experience within a sales environment essential.
- Previous Moderation/Customer Care experience beneficial but not necessary.
- IT Skills.
- Analytic reading and comprehensive skills.
- Ability to perform objection handling techniques.
- Attention to detail when giving members instructions and guidance.
- Ability to notice when problems are recurring.
- Decision making ability.
- Being patient with inexperienced/non-technical members.
- Responsible attitude.
- Problem solving skills – Can use own initiative to remedy problem situations.
- Interpersonal skills – demonstrates a welcoming and professional attitude at all times.
- Self motivation and enthusiasm – driven to achieve personal and team goals.
- Flexibility within role and working hours.
- Team building / Teamwork – Understands how individual job tasks, responsibilities and projects relate to the departmental success.
- Calmness – Functions effectively during pressurised situations.
- You will be required to make your photograph available for use and be visible in the chat service.
- The role is subject to shift patterns, currently set as three days on days, three on evenings, three off, subject to review.
- You speak English (other languages a real plus)
- You have passion and drive and are self-motivated
- You want to be the best
- You’re socially adept and enjoy being part of a team
- You have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision
- You’re very precise and detail oriented
- You have a keen interest in design and the finer things in life
- You’re driven and passionate about your work
- Email Resume to support [at] meetville.com
- Meetville Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a progressive, team-oriented work environment, exciting career opportunities and excellent benefits. The responsibilities listed above are not intended to be comprehensive. Other duties may be required as needed.