Do People Believe the Crime of Oscar Pistorius Was Accidental?

Do People Believe the Crime of Oscar Pistorius Was Accidental?

The heated trial lasted six months in Johannesburg, and as a result many people felt the verdict was not just. Meetville.com (dating app to find the right person) released a poll in the period between 8/20/14 and 9/16/14.

When asked “Was the murder by Oscar Pistorius deliberate or accidental?” most of those polled agreed Oscar had a clear intention to kill (66%), while the remaining 34% supported the sportstar.

“In my heart I know he has got away with it. He has got away with murder,” says Adam Steenkamp, Reeva’s brother. “I don’t understand the logic of acquitting someone of murder who fires four rounds into a very small toilet cubicle. It is not the action of someone not intending to kill.”

The terrible tragedy affected many people in various countries. Participants of the poll numbered 38,986. The most active Meetville.com users – from the USA (46%), from Canada there were 5% of respondents, from Britain – 16%, from Australia – 8% and from other countries – 25%.

Alex Cusper, Meetville service analyst, is not surprised by the global reaction. Oscar Pistorius is a well-known sports figure, which immediately draws attention to his affairs. Moreover, the cruelty and viciousness of what happened deeply impressed many people around the world.”

4

Meetville, a leading mobile dating service, regularly conducts research among its users. Millions of people from the U.S., Canada, Britain and Australia answer hundreds of questions every month. You can find the results of the poll here. If you are interested in research on a particular topic, please contact us. Any reprint of the material should be followed by clickable links to the survey.

Rate this post


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Just a second...

Subscribe to Meetville Blog

Get the information about our best articles and read them first!