In case you’ve just parted with your significant other and want to plunge into the world of dating once again you may feel the lack of comfort and stability of your previous relationships, but of course you won’t miss the pain that led you to the break up. In order not to repeat your relationship mistakes in future you are to reconsider your behavior and move on. Here are some dating rules that will help you to form the right mindset and prevent you from possible disappointments.
- Avoid communication with passive aggressive men. Yes, this is a scientific term for men who can’t express their feelings properly. Instead of discussing with you all the issues that bother them in your behavior they will accumulate their anger and hide it under the cover of passivity. Later, they may start secretly date their ex girlfriend or go to have a drink with your colleague whom you hate just to “fight you back”. In most cases such men are not capable to maintain long-term healthy relationships.
- Stay away from men who are in love with themselves. At the very beginning it may seem that he is nuts about you. He sends you tons of sweet messages and gives you teddy bears and chocolates; he keeps repeating that you are so special etc. But soon his behavior suddenly changes and he forgets about birthdays and other special days in your life. Then you start to notice that your relationships are only based on satisfying his needs and desires. And where is mutual respect and understanding? Why should you ignore your own needs just to please your partner? Believe such relationships will bring nothing but disappointment.
- In case your newly-met partner seems too good to be real, then it’s high time to think about it. In order to avoid any kind of disappointment it’s better to Google your new beloved one to find out as much as possible about him/her. Who knows maybe your partner is not a vice president of the international corporation, and his gorgeous Ferrari is just rented to make you believe him/her? Anyway, it’s always better hope for the best but be prepared for the worst.
- Look good, act wise. Ladies, keep in mind that when you start dating, looking good becomes your priority number one. And don’t forget to show up. If your partner is really attracted to you then he will obviously want to court you. Don’t call or fix a date first, let the man do this. If he wants you to be the first to organize your entertaining programs and invite him to clubs and restaurants, then he is probably too lazy for dating. And it’s silly to hope than when you start living together everything will change.
- Make sure your new partner is not sexually attached to his ex anymore. If your significant other continues occasionally hanging out with his ex girlfriend or doing her little favors like picking up form the airport etc. it may indicate that their relationship is not over. Just talk to your partner and explain him that you are not happy about the idea that your boyfriend spends his time on his ex. It’s not bad to stay casual friends after breaking up, but doing favors presupposes something more than just friendship. It’s much easier to take a cab rather than ask someone pick you up. And if his ex continues asking him for any kind of help, maybe she wants to get him back?