Work from our offices in San Francisco. Remote working considered.
We are looking for two ETL/ Database developers to help us build a best of breed Business Intelligence environment to further enhance our infrastructure and deliver actionable insights to be business.
The successful candidates will have experience of working with a variety of database technologies and their associated data transformation needs. Ideally building Business Intelligence warehouses and/or data marts. The data will often come from a variety of sources and so the successful candidate must be flexible and able to manage ambiguity.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Delivery of an ETL environment capable of efficiently transferring and transforming data from production systems into the analytics environment. In addition we are expecting to need to build data marts for knowledge discovery
- Working as a key member of an agile software development team delivering high quality ETL software.
- Working to improve efficiency, scalability and stability of the data environment.
- Provide support to the Analyst community on all aspects of data management.
- Add measurable value to the business by supporting our ability to deliver actionable analytical insights.
- Work with the technical teams to integrate disparate data sets for analysis
- To stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends developments and best-practices.
KEY SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
- A minimum of 2 years of scripting experience, ideally within a linux environment.
- Strong database experience, ideally with exposure to column or graph databases.
- Practical experience with database logical/physical design.
- mySQL and SQL/Server are the primary source environments and experience in one is a mandatory.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in both business and technical areas.
- Prior experience of scripting languages
- Self-starter with strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Educated to degree level, ideally in a numerate subject.
- You will have ideally worked previously within the online industry
- An interest in functional programming and experience of web programming
- You speak English (other languages a real plus)
- You have passion and drive and are self-motivated
- You want to be the best
- You’re socially adept and enjoy being part of a team
- You have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision
- You’re very precise and detail oriented
- You have a keen interest in design and the finer things in life
- You’re driven and passionate about your work
- Email Resume to support [at] meetville.com
- Meetville Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a progressive, team-oriented work environment, exciting career opportunities and excellent benefits. The responsibilities listed above are not intended to be comprehensive. Other duties may be required as needed.