Do you really love this person that you are with and want to be sure about them? Do you want to feel as if you know everything about them? Are you ready to make a commitment but want to feel truly sure of it? Though you may not realize it, there are so many things that factor into a loving relationship and it’s time to identify them head on. You don’t there to be any doubts or red flags in your relationship, and so the more effort that you put in now the more that it will pay off later on.
You might feel funny about asking these questions, but don’t! The answers to these questions can help you to be sure that you are truly with the right person. It may also help you to identify any possible causes for concern. These answers help you to get on the same page with one another and above all be confident about a future together. Use these questions as a way of getting to know each other on a level that you may have never experienced before. This will lend way to a beautiful future together in the end, so these are very valuable at that.
1. What do you want for yourself in the future? This may paint the picture of the type of career that they want to have. It may tell you if they want to work for themselves or stay home with children. It may tell you that they have the aspirations to move somewhere else. You need to know these things before you move forward, so ask them about their ideal future and what all it involves. It may help to seal the deal towards a wonderful and lasting future together so embrace this.
2. Do you want a family and what do you envision? If one of you doesn’t want kids and the other does, then you need to know that now. If one of you wants a big family and the other does not, then that’s something to talk about. You must discuss the concept of family and what that means to them. You might think that you have this figured out, but until you ask the question it’s not going to be identified. This can really help to show you that you are meant for each other, or there may be issues that must be worked out before you proceed. Ask so that you know for sure, though!
3. What are your true goals and ambitions? Understanding what they want out of life is key to your success as a couple. Understanding if they are driven will help you to decide if you are compatible. Looking at the way that they view their future or work towards the things that they want is pivotal to your success. You may have different goals and that’s okay, but you should have the same style in approaching things or complement each other.
4. What do you love about me and why is that important to you? It’s not that you are searching for compliments here, but you do need to understand this. If they love your intelligence or sense of humor then that can lead to compatibility. If they love your looks or the way that you take care of them, then you need to know that. The answer to this question can help you to see what your foundation is based upon, and therefore, ensure if this can truly stand the test of time. It allows you to see yourself through their eyes too, which is always a good thing.
5. What does a happy and healthy relationship mean to you? This may seem like an obvious question to answer because after all, that should be what you are experiencing now. No relationship is perfect though and therefore. you want to ask them about the ideal.
Maybe this plays into them telling you about what didn’t work for them in the past. Maybe it gives you cues of what to work on for the future. No matter what, asking about the ideal relationship that is truly healthy and happy can be eye opening. If nothing else it gives you goals to work towards and therefore helps you to be on the same page together moving forward.