You seem to keep dating the totally wrong type of person and you can’t figure out why. You are constantly attracted to a certain type of person, who almost always ends up hurting you. It seems that you are working hard to find a good match and you are always in a broken relationship. So what gives?
If you find that you keep dating the wrong type of person, then it may be time to do some evaluating here. If you seem to only be attracted to a certain type of person, then are they giving you what you need? Is it time to change your expectations or focus? Better yet it’s time to look at ways to avoid this wrong type of person, and to finally get your life back on track once and for all! Here’s how to avoid them once and for all.
1. You need to see beyond just looks: If you are dating the hottest guys but they end up being duds, then something has to give. You may think that looks are everything, but they don’t make for a good match. Not only that but looks are only one aspect and if that’s your main focus, then you’re missing out on the actual substance part of the relationship. Sure attraction matters but you have to look just beyond the looks and see what else lies inside to determine if it’s a good match for you.
2. You need to start focusing on the long term and not just this moment: You’re happy right now, but will you be happy in a year from now? Can you really and truly envision yourself with this person in a long term relationship? Would you have to overlook certain things to make a relationship work with this person? If you are only looking at the here and now, then you are skipping out on much of what matters for this person and your long term happiness.
3. You need to think of what this person should bring to the relationship: You get so consumed with what you need to bring to a relationship that you lose sight of what they should bring. Sure you want to make them happy, but they should make you happy too. Not only that but you must be compatible on some level in order to make things work for the long term, so think about that.
4. You need to stop thinking that you will change somebody: If you don’t like something about them, it’s not going to just magically go away. If there is a red flag that you are trying to ignore, then you have to see it for what it really is. You are not going to change somebody, not now and not ever. If you think that you can change them or fix them, this is truly setting yourself up for disappointment.
5. You need to stop dating just to date or trying to force something to work out: If you are somebody that wants to be in a relationship rather than be alone, then you’re probably dating the wrong type of person. If you are dating just for the sake of being with somebody, then you’re likely not focusing on the right criteria. Take the time to be alone and do inventory and then you can decide what is right for you and make this relationship truly count.