It’s hard to think and reflect upon things after they have happened, but sometimes you have to. After you have gone through a first date you want to ask yourself a few key questions to decide how you really think that things went. You want to consider how you put yourself out there, how they came across, and if you really enjoyed yourself to a certain point. It’s easy to just jump right into the second date if it presents itself, but is this really what you want? If you don’t take the time to reflect upon things, then you might just be wasting your time and theirs which is never a good thing.
The first date is a wonderful time to get to know each other, so did that really happen? Do you honestly want things to continue? The reality is that many of us just go through the motions because we think that we’re supposed to, but that may not necessarily be the right path. This is all about creating the right journey for yourself and the sooner that you think things through for yourself, the more that it will pay off in the end. There is nobody telling you what is right or wrong here, so a little reflection can really help you here. Not only that, but it can ensure that you head down the right path and truly find a match in the end too.
These questions can help you to get a sense of how you feel the first date went and where you want things to go from here. You can enjoy a much happier path and ensure that you don’t waste either of your time in the end which is always important.
1. Did you really get to know this person? If you’re really being honest with yourself, you have to consider if you got to know anything about this person in the first date. Consider if you learned enough to make you feel interested or if you want things to progress from here. Think about how things went and what you learned that makes you feel compelled to move things along from here. It may not always be easy, but if you want to move forward you have to consider what you got to know, if it was enough, and if this helps to sell you on enjoying a second date with them. All of this information matters greatly in the long run!
2. Do you have a good feeling about them and want to see them again? Did you get some butterflies or a bit of electricity in that first meeting? Do you feel good and positive about this person and really want to see them again? It’s so easy to just fall into the second date because you feel like you have to, but do you WANT to? Consider how things went, how you felt, and if you came out with a positive feeling. This can all indicate if things were going well and if you can look forward to a next meeting. Don’t be afraid to answer this question honestly for it can tell you a great deal about this person and if they are a match for you!
3. Were you truly yourself and did you make a good impression? It’s not just about the other person for you also want to consider how you were perceived on the date too. Did you honestly put your best foot forward? Did you work to make a good impression and therefore think that you accomplished this? If you were truly yourself and you did your best, then things will work out how they were meant to. If you gave it your all then you have to consider that if it’s meant to be that the second date will happen again, and then it’s all smooth sailing from there.
4. Is there anything you would do differently if there is a second date? If you are given the opportunity to enjoy a second date, would you change anything? This is a great exercise because it’s basically about lessons learned which matter greatly in relationships. You may or may not be given that opportunity, but reflecting upon how things went and what you want to get out of things can help you to decide if YOU truly want any future with this person in the end.
5. Are you really interested in them or just the idea of a relationship? It’s often very hard to be honest with yourself here, but this is an important thing to consider. Did you really like them or just the idea of what they represent? If things were to move forward could you see yourself with them or is it much more exciting to just be in a relationship in general? Don’t waste your time or theirs if it’s not a match and know when you need to move on if things are not looking good this early on!