First dates are always a bit uncomfortable. Though it might not be the first time you meet each other but it’s most likely to be the first time you get to know each other better. So the question is, how do you get your date to open up?
Many people are very defensive on first dates and hardly willing to reveal any personal information because they don’t trust you yet. It often makes asking questions difficult, so you need to prepare before and keep at least a few of the following dating questions in your back pocket.
30 Date Night Questions to Get Your Conversation Flowing
- What’s your favourite personality trait of your own?
- Which of your personality traits do you wish you could change?
- What’s another career that you think you would love?
- What do you want to do when you retire?
- What was your first favourite movie, as a child?
- Which of your parents are you most like?
- What’s your favourite memory with your mum?
- What’s your favourite memory with your dad?
- Where have you always wanted to travel?
- What was your favourite class in high school?
- What was the best party you ever went to?
- What’s the happiest you ever felt?
- What’s the most anxious you ever felt?
- What’s the angriest you ever felt?
- Have you ever gotten really obsessed with some topic?
- Did you collect stuff as a child?
- What’s the accomplishment you are most proud of?
- Where do you want to be living in 10 years?
- Which of your friends would you choose if you had to be on a desert island with just one?
- Which would you like most: a summer house, a year-long vacation, or a boat?
- What would you do with a million dollars?
- What would you do with an extra $1,000 to spend only on yourself?
- Do you think of yourself as an introvert or an extrovert?
- If you could go back in time, what age would you be again?
- If you could see into the future, what would you want to know?
- What’s your greatest talent?
- What is your most unique trait?
- Are you an optimist, a pessimist, or a realist?
- If you had to change one thing about yourself, what would you pick?
- What five things are the most important to you in this world?
Use these questions to get to know your partner on a deep level. This will increase your feelings of closeness, connection, and romance, which is the whole point of a date night!